Crisp golden brown potatoes create a lacey exterior crust that surrounds a moist and flavourful salmon fillet. Serve this recipe with crunchy green beans tossed with chopped tomatoes to add some colour to your plate.
• 1 each small round white and red Ontario Potatoes, scrubbed
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
• ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
• ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
• 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets (about 1½ lb/750 g total)
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
• 4 lemon wedges
- Grate potatoes on coarse side of cheese grater into bowl. Squeeze potato and discard liquid. Using fork, toss potatoes with oil, cumin and half each of the salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, combine parsley, lemon rind and remaining salt and pepper. Rub parsley mixture all over salmon. Coat salmon fillets on both sides with potato mixture, pressing firmly to cover.
- In large nonstick skillet heat butter over medium high heat and panfry fillets for about 4 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Turn over and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer fillets to parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast in 425 F (220 C) oven for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and fish fillet is firm.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 410 calories, 39 g protein, 25 g fat, 6 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 270 mg sodium, 1070 mg potassium
• Excellent Source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
• Excellent Source of Vitamin B3,
• Good Source of Vitamins B1 and B2