In the Kitchen with STEFANO FAITA
Yield: 4 servings.
Made with ground turkey and diced pancetta, these Gouda-Stuffed Turkey Burgers are incredibly juicy and moist!
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 4 slices pancetta, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup plain bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper,
- to taste
- 4 pieces smoked gouda or
- regular gouda (about 8 oz)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ½ small onion, sliced (optional)
- Corn Relish[/one_half]
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pancetta, green onions, garlic, olive oil, honey, mustard, dill, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 balls.
- Stuff cheese in the centre of each burger. Flatten and shape into 1-inch thick patties.
- Cover and let burgers rest in the fridge, until well chilled, about 1 to 2 hours. (The burgers will be more flavourful and hold their shape better on the grill.)
- Preheat grill to high. Oil grill.
- Brush burger patties with oil and add to the grill.
- Cook, turning once, until no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Add burgers to buns and top with lettuce, avocado, tomato, onions and corn relish