[colored_box color=”red”]The whole family will love making this quick an easy recipe. Add more hot sauce to the mix for a little extra zip![/colored_box]
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each minced fresh Ontario Parsley and Basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large Ontario Egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 4 Ontario Veal Leg Cutlets (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot sauce
- 4 ciabatta buns, cut in half
- 4 Ontario Greenhouse Lettuce Leaves
- 4 slices Ontario Pepper-Jack Cheese
- Ontario Greenhouse Tomato Slices
In large shallow dish such as a pie plate, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. In second shallow dish, combine egg and milk. In third shallow dish, combine flour and garlic powder. Set aside.
Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Dip in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat and lightly pressing. Let stand on a wire rack to dry for 5 minutes.
In large nonstick skillet and in two batches, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook cutlets until crisp and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together green onions, mayonnaise and hot sauce. Spread buns with mayonnaise mixture. Top with lettuce, cheese, veal and tomato slices.